Tuesday, 7 November 2017

Hooray - floral stamped background



I have been inspired by some of the beautiful floral scrapbook paper that you can buy, but thought that I would like to make my own in some colours of my own choice.
I started out by die cutting some stampin up flower patch flowers (the large lilac one that you can see in the photo) and leaves and used temporary adhesive to stick them to my card base.
I used a stippling brush and Gina K lemon drop ink to tap ink onto the cardstock to obtain a light yellow background.
Then I removed the leaf masks only and left the flower mask in place and used the coordinating leaf stamp to stamp the leaves in the appropriate areas.  For the leaves I used Gina K jelly bean green ink.
I then removed the flower masks and stamped the coordinating flower in Gina K lovely lavender ink.
I used a layering stamp to stamp the middle of the flower with edible eggplant.
You can't see it in the photo, but I also used wink of stella on the middle of the flowers to add some shine.
I then die cut the Hooray sentiment from white cardstock and also one from black cardstock. I coloured the white Hooray die cut with a matching alcohol marker.
 I stuck the two die cuts together and offset them ever so slightly to obtain a shadow look on the die cut.
I added the extra Congratulations sentiment by white heat embossing onto black cardstock.


No comments:

Post a Comment